Get thee behind me!

Woken up by pain in my nose, there I lay in my bed.
I checked the time and it was 3 AM and I remembered the verse that
God grants sleep to those He loved.
Knowing that God loved me for me, I knew it was not Him that kept me awake.

I had flu before but this it can't be and it was not, just an ache deep in my nose, my nose was blocked. Being a pharmacist, the first thing I reached out to was a nasal spray.
Even that did not bring comfort, the pain wouldn't leave me. The pain would not let me rest. The pain would not grant me my peaceful sleep; I need to be awake in the next 2 hours

I knew this was it, it was that moment.
Very still in the early hours, everybody asleep and not even a noise, except for occasional coughs I heard from my daughter's room.
I decided to pray, I decided to spend that moment of discomfort in His embrace. Spending time with my father always bring such fulfilment.

I refused to be deterred by this pain, even though it did not go away.
The more I rebuked it, it kept telling my mind, and it has not gone away. Boy, it was sore.
I even had occasional out loud "Ouch" moments

 I said to the pain, don’t even think about, tomorrow I am going to work and I’ll be just fine. Instantly this verse came to mind; Matthew 4:10-11 Get thee behind me, Satan. It is written; Worship the Lord your God and serve him only. Matthew 4:10-11

I decided to worship immediately; my heart sang “there is power in the name of Jesus, to break every chain”. Sadly I couldn’t find the song in my phone. Then I played "Be lifted high" on repeat until I fell asleep.


And I woke up this morning 05h30 and the pain was gone. My nose was still blocked though, and I felt fresh. It did not feel like my sleep was disturbed.

My heart continues to sing praise to Him because He is worthy to be praised.

Thank you, Lord for the healing.

Get thee behind me – Matthew 4:10-11
Ntlogele Sathane gobane go ngwadilwe gothwe, O khunamele Morena Modimo wa gago o direle yena a nnoshi. Ya ba gona diabolo a mo tlogelago, gwa napa gwa batamela barongwa ba mo direla.
Translated to: Away from Satan! For it is written: “Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.” Then the devil left him and angels came and attended him.

Comments