I am not unaware

The war is for my mind, for my thoughts to change the way I see myself. I know it usually challenges my emotions, the things I know to be true etc. but mostly it is a war for my thoughts. As it has been said before; Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become habits. Watch your habits for they become your character. And watch your character for it becomes your destiny. What we think, we become. Change was not coming because my thoughts became my belief system. My belief system that said I couldn’t change. A system that told me I didn’t deserve any better. A system that said what makes me think I am different, just like the rest I was bound to fail. One that said I know nothing about being a mother, I will mess it up. How could I have missed it? How could I have not realised? This is how the war has always been even in the past! Eve was challenged to think differently about God; That just maybe He doesn’t want her to be like Him. Esau was too hungry to consider or think about the consequences of his actions. Just like many of us he sold his inheritance for a bowl of soup. Saul allowed jealousy to convince him that David wanted to take his throne. He then became obsessed with killing him. David thought if God could help him kill a bear; God will help him defeat the uncircumcised Philistine who defied armies of the living God. The woman with the issue of blood of blood, After suffering for 12 years, thought to herself, If I could but just touch the hem of His garment I shall be made well. The scriptures encourage me further: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:9 I am not unaware for the battle of my mind; the battle is for my thoughts……. And I know I am more than a conqueror. #Renewingmymind #Knowyourstory #Godwithme

Comments